The System Test Engineer is responsible for the subsystem and system testing of our software products. Unlike roles with similar names at other companies, Test Engineers at trovicor are not mainly manual testers – you write scripts to automate testing and create tools so that developers can test their own code.
As a Test Engineer, you identify weak spots and constantly design better and creative ways to break software and identify potential problems. You will have a huge impact on the quality of trovicor’s products and services.
RESPONSIBILITIES & MAIN DUTIES
- Lead the test effort from planning and organization to execution and delivery. Develop effective test strategies.
- Write moderately complex code to test systems.
- Work with development teams to develop a testing culture. Drive adoption of unit testing, metrics to monitor code coverage, bug prevention strategies, and other quality measures.
- Demonstrate intuition and knowledge about how to break software by finding bugs, and apply this knowledge with measurable results, influencing the quality of the product.
- Plan and maintain the test server setups.
- Doing the test case automation using HP UFT
KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- BA/BSc in Computer Science or closely related degree, or equivalent practical experience
- 3 years of experience developing test automation in C++, Java or Python
- Detailed knowledge of databases (SQL and NoSQL) and storage concepts (SAN/NAS/distributed file systems)
- Strong knowledge of Linux and Windows operating systems
- MSc or PhD in Computer Science or closely related degree
- 5 years of relevant work experience in building testing frameworks, tools and automation
- Knowledge of test methodologies, writing test plans, creating test cases and debugging
- Detailed knowledge of network and telecommunication (switches, interfaces, GPRS/UMTS, ETSI) technologies
- Excellent coding skills in Bash, C, C++, Java or Python
- Extensive experience of Scrum-based development process
- Working knowledge of HP UFT
PERSONAL SKILLS REQUIRED
- Attention to detail
- Enthusiastic, self-starter and highly self-motivated
- Excellent organizational skillsTeam player but able to work on own initiative
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Appreciation of cultural differences
Fluent oral and written English mandatory
Head of System Tests
Based in Malaysia