A definitive advisor to cybersecurity law
Expanding at the author’s event as a cybersecurity legal professional and legislation professor, Cybersecurity legislation is the definitive consultant to cybersecurity legislations, with an in-depth research of U.S. and overseas legislation that follow to facts safeguard, facts breaches, delicate details safeguarding, legislation enforcement surveillance, cybercriminal strive against, privateness, and lots of different cybersecurity matters. Written in an obtainable demeanour, the booklet offers real-world examples and case reviews to assist readers comprehend the sensible functions of the awarded fabric. The ebook starts by way of outlining the felony necessities for information defense, which synthesizes the Federal exchange Commission’s cybersecurity instances that allows you to give you the history of the FTC’s perspectives on facts protection. The publication additionally examines facts defense standards imposed by way of increasingly more country legislatures and personal litigation coming up from information breaches. Anti-hacking legislation, equivalent to the federal machine Fraud and Abuse Act, monetary Espionage Act, and the electronic Millennium Copyright Act, and the way businesses may be able to struggle cybercriminals whereas making sure compliance with the U.S. structure and statutes are mentioned completely. that includes an outline of the legislation that let coordination among the private and non-private sectors in addition to the instruments that regulators have built to permit a restricted quantity of collaboration, this e-book also:
• Addresses present U.S. and overseas legislation, rules, and court docket critiques that outline the sphere of cybersecurity together with the protection of delicate details, akin to monetary information and overall healthiness information
• Discusses the cybersecurity specifications of the biggest U.S. buying and selling companions in Europe, Asia, and Latin the US, and particularly addresses how those standards are just like (and range from) these within the U.S.
• presents a compilation of a number of the most vital cybersecurity statutes and regulations
• Emphasizes the compliance tasks of businesses with in-depth research of an important U.S. and overseas legislation that practice to cybersecurity issues
• Examines executive surveillance legislation and privateness legislation that have an effect on cybersecurity in addition to all of the info breach notification legislation in forty seven states and the District of Columbia
• contains quite a few case reports and examples all through to help in school room use and to aid readers larger comprehend the provided material
• Supplemented with a better half site that includes in-class dialogue questions and well timed and up to date updates on contemporary legislative advancements in addition to details on attention-grabbing circumstances on suitable and important topics
Cybersecurity legislations is acceptable as a textbook for undergraduate and graduate-level classes in cybersecurity, cybersecurity legislation, cyber operations, management-oriented info expertise (IT), and computing device technological know-how. This publication can be an awesome reference for legal professionals, IT pros, executive group of workers, enterprise managers, IT administration team of workers, auditors, and cybersecurity assurance providers.
JEFF KOSSEFF is Assistant Professor of Cybersecurity legislations on the usa Naval Academy in Annapolis, Maryland. He often speaks and writes approximately cybersecurity and used to be a journalist overlaying know-how and politics on the Oregonian, a finalist for the Pulitzer Prize, and a recipient of the George Polk Award for nationwide reporting.